Quote:

Quote:

I've had a few cummins a
04.5 5.9 2wd auto
05 5.9 g56 6sp 4X4
05 5.9 2wd auto
06 5.9 2wd auto and never had 1 issue with any of them
I now have a 2014 6.7 with the Aisin and I would not give it up for any of my old ones.
The only way I would go gas is if I never towed anything with any weight to it.

Glad you've had good luck. My work trucks pull heavy regularly and I keep them until they are no longer functioning. The 6.7 truck has had issues with the regen cycle, DPF, and turbo.....just too much garbage. If you are going to buy a new truck every 3 years; go for it....otherwise they are likely going to cost you a bucket of cash long term IMO. Google P2563 code and also the TIPM.

My '03 is stock other than an exhaust (which you can replace legally since it never had any pollution control) and a Smarty programmer. Power is about 400/750 and I can get about 21 mpg under perfect conditions.

New is always nice; just bought a brand new Mercedes GLK diesel on the weekend....but it's going to get replaced before the warranty is up.

Dave

I still say the '03 is by far the best of the bunch.

first of all the 2013 up now has DEF and because of that it use the egr system very little compared to a 2012 down there fore they have a lot less regens.

the main problem with the turbos are soot however as I mentioned because of the DEF and less ERG being used the problems are a lot less also. I also always use the exhaust brake and that helps a lot.

I have a 7 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper and will trade it as soon as the warranty is up so I have a long time before I have to worry about anything but fuel.

70 duster full chassis super pro 416 CNC Indybrock heads 727 w/brake

best so far 1.212 60 6.219 in 1/8 at 110.88 9.768 at 137.81 1/4