If you've been in a 727 you can upgrade your 47RE. Like I said, I called Dave a few times and he gave me some guidance and for my mods and towing, not hot rodding. He actually suggested his single disc torque converter for my needs, but I went with his triple disc so it will live with about anything I can throw at it. Other than that it's all stock pieces with the exception of some valve body mods too.

With the turbo on our 01 trucks, I've really never been in a situation where I can't control the EGT's, but there again, my EZ would be like a COMP on it's lowest setting. Go higher and as the other poster stated, you may be looking into turbo upgrades. Basically if I can keep the rpms around 2000-2400 pulling some of the steeper grades, things seem to stay around that 1000-1100 range. That may mean dropping out of OD, and utilizing 3/lock up. Pretty much drive the steeps by rpm, not mph. The Comp unit your looking at is a nice unit. On the lowest setting it's like my EZ, just alot more to offer, but my money is on you needing those trans upgrades.

Lots of injector options out there, but I stayed on the low end of the power spectrum with the RV275 injectors. I did go with new Bosch units. I've had some not so great experiences with some "ebay" injectors a guy brought me to install at work one time.

Lots of ways to attack this..... just sharing personal experieces with my 01