Quote:

Quote:

I like mine stock looking (up to a point, gotta have better wheels/tires and exhaust). The attached recent pic looks like a stock '70 318 car except for wheels/tires and exhaust... but packs a 496 and 5 speed.

I too started with the frame/chassis/suspension... and brakes. Good move to stiffen up the frame with frame connectors first. There are several choices but US Cartool sounds like a good one. It takes some time with a cutter and MIG to get any of these these right.

A far as suspension, a modded T bar setup has a number of advantages including lower un-sprung weight, service parts availability and all weather capability... not to mention great performance. I won't run mine in the winter salt but do run it X country with whatever that brings including rain, T storms and cross wind.

As far as brakes, I consider some form of front disc minimum for use today. They can be mid-70's OE or better but 4 wheel drums just are not safe if the guy in front has discs or if you are running at speed and need to stop more than once.

Good luck!

why a cutter? it's laser cut to fit the floor pans. i'd reckon a sheet metal hammer to deal with high and low spots and a TIG or MIG to lay bead. I did wonder about holes through pan for plug welds from the top.

Any reasons that parts i'm looking at can't be run all weather?

if a tweaked stock style setup can wrestle with Independent suspension what can a tweaked Independent suspension setup do?

I'm genuinely asking here.

Man that's one mean green machine.

Still interested in the comment on the Magnum Force stuff.

I think the hardest part of all of this is working day and night to get the funds to get this project rolling. ....Guys, I need a JOB!

EDIT: my car is front Discs but, i want ALL Disc. at how many pounds is is a B body? at over 100mph one might want some stopping power and good traction.

A tweaked independent setup will be fine, but it is going to run you more $$$ than a torsion bar system which will do more than you're giving it credit for.

If I make big bucks someday I will likely build a car with an RMS or Art Morrison set up, but I'm not at that income level yet, so for my 69 Satellite wagon I am sticking with torsion bars and adding the parts to the car that will make it handle well with that setup.

And on the Magnum Force stuff - do some research, you'll see what I mean. I have heard and looked personally at a local guy's car who used a Magnum Force setup versus his brother who used an RMS - and I know which one I would use, that's for sure.

The main thing I would tell you is to educate yourself about suspensions and suspension setups for these cars as much as you can since you don't have any experience with suspension in one of these.
That can be done by reading this forum and some other forums, reading mags like Mopar Action, as well as checking out pricing and availability of parts from places like Hotchkis, Firm Feel, Riley Motorsports (RMS), etc.

1969 Satellite Wagon - G3 Hemi Swap Incoming. | 1969 Coronet Post Coupe.
2002 Intrepid ES | 2009 Ram SLT | 2004 300M Special | 2002 300M Pro Am - Hers

Are you a New England Mopar Enthusiast?
Come check out the revived NorthEast Mighty Mopar at www.northeastmightymopar.com
!