I have an 86 Ram with power windows and power door locks. Yesterday, I put both windows down and drove around. When I went to put them up, neither one would go up.

I checked the fuse box and there was a metal fuse that was in the spot for the windows and door locks. Upon touching it, the metal fuse was hot to the touch.

I pulled it out and I could barely hold onto it. I didnt have another of that type of fuse, so I tried a few 30 amp fuses and they blew immediately and sparked.

I took both door panels off and there was no current to either motor when I plugged the metal fuse back in. I disconnected the connector for the power window motors and got a hot wire from the battery and touched the metal spade connectors. Nothing...

I wound up removing both window motors and again tried to get them to run by using the battery of the truck - nothing.

I used my continuity tester on both motors and I got an audible beep...wierd since they arent working when you put 12 volts to either window motor.

Any ideas? Could the short have ruined both window motors. Anyone ever experience something like this? I have no idea where to look to find this short...

Thanks!