Quote:

Quote:

Simple question: is the new Hemi engine currently produced by Chrysler/Dodge and put into Challengers, Chargers, Rams, etc, really a "hemi" engine?

I was at a Mopar car show a few weeks ago in Fort Collins, CO. At the show they had a modern Hemi cylinder head and a 1964-1971 style Hemi cylinder head next to one another. The older style head had a hemispherical combustion chamber; no question. The modern hemi head, however, appeared to be a cross between a hemispherical combustion chamber and a wedge (ie, had what appeared to be quench pads).

It is the existence of what appeared to be quench pads that made me wonder if it really is a "hemi" head. Is it?

Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death. I don't recall seeing a post on the subject and searching the forum for "hemi" produces a lot of hits.

OMG - Not this again!

To quote Tom Hoover, Godfather of the 426 HEMI, "the current HEMI is a HEMI and the folks that don't think so don't know what they're talking about!"

BTW, Mr. Hoover had input with the Chrysler engineers when the GENIII HEMI was being developed around 2003.