Guessing and starting over...the car was repaired and you received it back with the wheel a 1/4 turn off?

If that is the case, it may be that when it was reassembled the steering column wasn't totally centered prior to hooking up the steering linkage to the box underneath. If so, easy fix. You start by having the wheels straight. You can pull the pitman arm off the the steering box from underneath(manual or power, doesn't matter) recenter your steering wheel (literally counting the turns left to right to find center) and then put the pitman arm back on. If the steering column isn't centered to the steering box, this is when you will find out. If not right, then you would back off the coupler tying the column to the box in the engine bay and get that relationship right prior to reconnecting the pitman arm. Not hard, just need the right size, two jaw, puller and a big socket for the nut holding the arm to the shaft coming off the underside of the steering box. The coupler isn't hard either, you just need to punch out the roll pin tying it to the column and slide it apart a little bit, once you pry the tin cover and rubber gasket off and slide that up.

I am not a professional, so when I say it isn't hard I really mean it!!

'69 Hemi Charger 500, ‘70 U code Challenger R/T
(These and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

P.J. O'Rouke: "The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."