Quote:

I like it!

How does the cowl width on the Ford cab compare to the Willys hood? I like Ron's truck too and this seems like a fairly economical way to get that Willys style without having to find a $$ Willys first.

What did you end up doing for headers?

Kevin

Cowl was close,i did have to round out the top corners so the hood would fit and also the half moon shape behind the hood had to be filled as the F1 hood and hinges are in that area. I also had the trim the back edge of the hood to match the curve of the F1 cowl. In order to get the front lined up with the wheel openings the cab was moved back roughly 12" and the lower cowl cut sorta moon shaped so the fenders fit into it similar to a willys. Steering column is pretty long on a F1 so I just laid it back and drilled some new mounting holes. The frame also needs to be cut flush with the front crossmember and the box needs to be cut the same amount the cab was moved back.

For headers I used sb chevy patriot fenderwell type,the port layout is close to a bb mopar. I cut the flanges off and had to spread the tubes a little to fit the mopar flanges.The raw headers are $189 and about $40 on the flanges so you have a pretty inexpensive set when done.

These builds I always have the steering done,headers done before mounting the engine so it doesn't get so involved trying to fit the headers.

Jay