Quote:

The Intake is probably 40 years old? Yes it is used, no it does not have pitting. Yes Robert I will mock it up, Yes I will most likely use some high tack to help hold-em in place and provide more sealing. Yes I will through the tin ones over the roof. Paul, I dont know where to get the factory foam seals plus I already have the FelPro ones, but I wil not block off the crossover...come on Scratch, you know I'm in PA! I will be using a new EB 1406 the one with the electric choke. I also have a thick carb gasket. Rob, thanks for the idea of measuring the intake gap to the head surface. These heads were just re-done and the shop shaved .02. Also, I am working with an old EB intake that may not be perfect, so I do want to look at thoses angles.
What about the bolt torque on this?

The following is from a thread I had before just talking about tuning the 1406. It was a good read and swapping over to a tuning chart for the 1405 was a night and day difference in performance. Why the 1406 is so lean ootb compared to the 1405 makes no sense to me. Check out the Linky.

Prev thread: I've been reading all over the web, and in the edelbrock owners manual, about the performer series carbs and I feel a lot more prepared to do some tuning on this thing. This one http://vb.foureyedpride.com/archive/index.php/t-74438.html offered some interesting thoughts/opinions with other guys trying it and reporting great results, so I copied ijt and was very happy with the results as well.

roe

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG