Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chrysler only built Super Birds as they were forced to by NASCAR so Richard Petty and other could race them, I doubt Chrysler gave a rats behind what color consumers had to choose from, but black would look really great on one, they were not popular as some sat on dealer lots for several years while new, I had a B-5 blue one in the 90's I almost painted it plum crazy, I knew I would get killed on the price if I ever sold it, Being a color they never made [/qu

There is factory documentation that clearly shows Superbirds having the ordering option of any color choice that was available on the 70 Plymouth line....now as to why the dealers never promoted it?, or were even made aware of it? perhaps they didn't want to be straddled with "lot vultures" as these cars new weren't readily accepted by the buying public, and they were just interested in moving the cars allotted to them...there have been rumors from day one of black and In-Violet Superbirds

Mike it that Fred's car ??

I was 13 when the Chrysler rep. came in my Dad's dealership, The rep and my Dad were talking in the showroom about the new Superbirds, The factory rep was basically begging my Dad to take a few of them, I remember dad saying he couldn't sell one and politely told the rep no.
This could be the main reason why they are in the colors everyone knows, There are 3 that were painted burnt orange by mistake that I have heard of,The factory needed to get them built so Petty could race one and NASCAR would approve it, A plum crazy bird would look awesome, I was unaware you could order a different color