just wanted to let you know the last comment didn't fall on deaf ears. That is basically the way I went. I am lowering the car significantly and found the wheel wells on these things are far from symmetrical. I basically found a happy medium on wheel well clearance, and worked from there. I actually came up with 21 inches as of now for a starting point, but its gonna be tight on the front, and plan on trimming the quarters to gain clearance. This is my first ladder bar install, and I have learned a ton along the way. I also found the front eye mounts are off about 3/8 of an inch from square to the frame, so that already invalidates my 21. Planning to tack all my brackets on the rear, and the front crossmember this weekend and start actually fitting it up as it will be installed. came up with about 1 1/8th yoke offset towards the pass side, on a slant 6 crossmember with engine swap mounts that I picked up along the way. I really enjoy this forum due to the patience with newbies. I due have a experienced chassis guy helping me with my million questions I come up with along the way though, so that helps.

Also car is definitely leveled, and I have plotted everything out on the floor with chalk lines and plumb bobs. I have the block and trans in it to find engine centerlines to find yoke offset before I narrow rear. And going to coilovers, with the upper mount located on the down bars from the roll bar also.

Last edited by skj283; 09/26/14 01:37 AM.