Quote:

IMO A LA engine is not designed for 1.6 rockers. Why use 1.6 rockers on a street strip engine? Why use 1.6 rockers on any LA engine? Put the cam in that provides the lift you want and leave the problems associated with 1.6 rockers to someone else.

Use 1.5 rockers and have a more stabil, reliable valve train. Otherwise you must use bandaids to cover up the problem and have wore out valve guides much faster.

Because a 1.6 or even higher ratio is going to be more stable with the same valve motion because...

1. The push-rod is slightly straighter with the old Poly motors funky lifter angle
2. The lifter accelerates less and is easier to control
3 the rocker (if designed as a higher ratio from scratch) can be lighter because it is shorter, a good high ratio rocker moves the PR tip in not the tip farther out.
4 All that means less spring is required and parts live longer

5 On the other hand assuming the same cam, you can get higher lift without increasing duration and that is good for a street motor especially combined with the other benefits.

So the LA is designed for higher ratios than most motors even though the designers did not plan it that way

I would like to hear the problems of a 1.6 ratio and a good explanation how they outweigh a better PR angle and all the other things. Also how is it gonna wear the VG faster with the same lift and less spring pressure?

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!