So I talked to my friend again and he said the Belvedere picture was for color reference only. He said it was a Coronet and I do believe that because a few years ago he gave me a used set of Iskenderian lifters still in the original box and they where from this car. His grandfathers handwriting says '65 Coronet. He sent me a picture of the car.

The car sold by Walter Sabbe around 1989? and was sold to a guy Dennis. He raced it for a few years and then sold it to a guy in Eugene, Oregon named Carl Steinbeck who owned a muffler shop in Eugene named True Line alignment/automotive. Carl raced the car a few years at Portland International Raceway up until he reportedly died in 2012. Carl's kids possibly have possession of the car but they have had some trouble with the law and have been unavailable. My friend (reid) said very early on in the car's life, the 426 was yanked and a 440 was installed in it's place but his grandfather kept all the pieces including the engine to put it back to original. All these parts went to Carl when he bought the car. Apparently Carl put a different motor in the car or had the 440 rebuilt and the car had cooling system issues. The car was worked on a few times by Jackson Specialties in Hillsboro, Oregon. My friend last physically saw the car in 2012 at the Mopar Nationals in Woodburn, Oregon. After that he believes Carl's kids either sold the car or it is still in their possession.

Last edited by smokes; 08/14/14 01:22 PM.

Looking for a clean w150 or w200 **72-80 body style In the Pacific Northwest**