Quote:

Here is what I have to work with, One electronic with the tag appears factory 72 but didn't run the numbers...should I just clean it up

A option would be to purchase a new Autozone rebuilt point dist (reportedly they are cheap) exchange for one of your point ones (P needs a tight dist) then a Pertronix conversion or the electronic dist in the pic. I'm thinking it is a "Prestolite" from the shape of the can & if it functions the same/as well as any other 70's OE electronic dist (anyone?) & if so I would strip it down all the way & solvent clean all the parts ex the can and the pickup & weld up the slots & file em down once you get your initial finalized. Most electronic dists have radial play within limits as the magnetic pull is nowhere near the strength of the point set flat spring & doesn't wear the bushing like the cam opening the points does on the earlier ones. Reduce the axial play to .005 with shims under the lower collar that has the roll pin. www.speedwaymotors.com has a shim kit for cheap. Check/correct rotor phasing as needed. set the reluctor gap at .008" at the tightest point which varies according to the amt of vac adv. NAPA has a .060" longer blade rotor for $8 & change out the door "MO3000". Add the 1/2" ID aftermarket collar on the lower shaft and either peen the dist lower tang or weld up the slot in the intergear to reduce rotational play (turn rotor lightly back & forth by hand & see how much slop you have). Nacho bent the magnet to get nearly zero reluctor gap change from the vac adv but I ain't got around to doing it yet but it's beneficial. Tune the 4 subsystems: initial/total/springs/can IN ORDER. Decide what coil/ballast you wanna run

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth