Quote:

Quote:

... The quest for all these 600-700HP street engines is a laugh to me--you can't hook it up--they are a PIA to drive with all that converter , gear etc--Street driving a race engine has never been as fun as it is rated--like driving the Zamboni on a skating rink.

Well, my car drove pretty much the same on the street when it ran 10.5s as it did when it ran 12.0s. Not just my opinion, but that of a friend of mine who has seen the car evolve over most of the last 20 years I've owned it.

I don't race on the street, but if I wanted it to hook on the street( ), I'd take a different approach than what I've done to date.

You may now return to your regulary scheduled program about these new budget heads.

I should have said Most not all
Sure there are guys that have evolved a car/combo over the years and it is what hot rodding is all about--That is a thing of beauty and to be admired
I just see so many combos that are not that well organized or sorted and are really just race car set ups on street car paint jobs and thus my statement--BTW I built a few of the unruly type when I started--
These days FI etc has sure made things better and all the big CI with mild cam and 3.23 rear gears --sweet new converter science--all adds up to some magnificent street machines that will run as well as our race cars did 20 years ago
again....
On the street I prefer my Hemi Ram pick up and on the track I am LOVING my Front engine dragster--Both do what is asked of them really well
After a pass in the dragster you KNOW you were in a race car that was stinking fast--and the truck has comfortable room for all the junk I carry around with me and a big console storage