I am by far no valve train expert but if you see some spintron data its pretty crazy what everything goes through. From Loft from the pushrod flexing to bounce on the return its pretty nuts.

I don't have all my cam specs so I can't tell you how aggresivve the lobe is right now. I have a solid roller 258@.050 and .650 lift with 1.6 rockers on a small block. I don't drive it as much as I like but I put about 5000 miles on my last set of lifters before I pulled them. I am going to send them to comp to be checked out I just haven't gotten around to it. I also change my springs every year before drag week, I haven't tested them or anything I just change them. It makes me feel better when I am buzzing down the highway at 3500RPM for hours at a time.

One thing I have seen on my cam is evidence of bounce on the closing side. You can't feel it with your finger but its there in the shiny markings if you hold the cam in the right light. I noticed that after my first teardown after dragweek in 2012. I just had the top end off of the motor to put new lifters in and I couldn't see those marks anymore but the cam was still in the motor. The only thing I did change was the lash. I went from running it off the mopar sticker to ICEO or whatever the order is(I have to look everytime LOL) same lash settings but different way of running the valves and the valvetrain sounds way better. Using the same lash with the mopar method my car sounded like a duramax after a few hours on the highway, the other method it sounds "normal" especially considering the lash has to grow a good amount with several hours of heat soak in all the parts.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340