Quote:

Measuring it at line pressure outlet on right side. Trans man says it should be about 160 psi. Not sure of brand, but it is a reverse pattern manual w/ low band apply. Just wondering if low pressure could cause 14% slippage. Car launches good, but slips all the way down the track.

The first custom built 8 inch race converter I bought and used in a "race car" was a Art Carr, it broke during the second run Bottom line was it was to loose, it would slow the car down .034 to .041 in ET and 3 to 4 MPH in the 1/4 mile over the stock 11 inch street hemi converter It would revved like crazy at the hit of the throttle, go to 6000 RPM and stay there for a while in 1st gear and then accelerate up to 7000 RPM on the shift points, it would drop back to 6000 RPM and lay there again for awhile before strting to gain RPM, it was a real turd My message is your converter may be no good like that one I've since had two more bad 8 inch converters like that, one TCI and one GER I've also had several very good converters from A-1, B&M, Rossi, Continental, Turbo Action and several other good comapnys. Buy the best race converter you can find Not the cheaper ones

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)