Quote:

Quote:

one word, GARBAGE! ,the watered-down junk takes more coats, mre coats take more time, spend few buck more on better paint and save the hassle,oh,and whatever you do, do not use their clears, that stuff comes off the car in sheets in couple of months, I've seen it with my own eyes,my brother's shop had to re-do a few cars when they tried that GARBAGE OMNI line

Stefan

As is the majority of the PPG line

WOW! That's really sad to hear...especially as an OE supplier for the Big 3 for so many years...no WONDER they're all on the verge of bankruptcy...

In my past experience both using products and watching others, 99% of problems stem from the craftsman, yet gets blamed on the product. Improper prep, not enough flash time, not mixing the ratios correctly, insufficient heat...you name it. Fact is, I've seen all the aforementioned problems with PPG/Omni, DuPont/Nason, Martin Senour (big through NAPA up here years ago), and NONE of these products like to be treated the same. I know of one shop that will only use PPG primers, but prefers DuPonts lineup for paint. Apparently a no-no (according to the dist), but it works fine for him.

And lets not forget the gun...if, as mentioned, the paint is somewhat thin to begin with, and the gun is putting as much paint in the air as it is on the car...well, you get the idea...

2 Demons...no, not my kids!