Quote:

In years past, I have moved the striker post out just a bit to aid in closing the doors with new seals. After about 6 months of use you can move the striker posts back towards the original location. The new seal will seal the doors with the striker moved out, move it just enough so you don't have to slam the door.

On the newer trucks, Mopar put a vent between the pinch weld and the outer door recess that is rubber covered. The vent allows the air to pass through the panel cover behind the door and go between the door and the jam, or the vent between the pinch weld and the outside is located in the door (also a rubber covered flap) with air access on the inside door panel under the interior panel. The door closes hard because the new seal traps too much air inside the truck cab. Even a door speaker allows enough air to pass the most trucks with door speakers don't have a problem. Those of you having issues closing your doors after the installation of the new seals have made the cab too air tight. Gene

Gene that's how I usually do it I have to because I use 94 up door seals & they're a little thicker