Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wasn't doing Mopars back then, but on GM cars the slow closers on the throttle were mostly on stick cars. The reason being that during emissions testing, dropping the throttle closed quickly increased the unburned HC and CO. Stick cars had many more times of throttle-off, throttle-on because of shifting.

R.

Dont want to start a debate here but that is wrong. The dashpots are used mostly on auto cars. I just read it again in one of my auto training manuals from years ago just to be sure my memory was still working. Ron

Ron , sorry but you are wrong , my 69 383 4 speed bee and dart both have dashpots , as far as mopars are concerned it's a 4 speed thing.

The electric solenoids are used to set idle speed, some engines had a run on issue and the way around it was to set the throttle blades completely closed and use an electric solenoid to set and maintain idle speed.

Mopar may have used them on stick cars but I am not wrong as I have been told by instructors and read it many times that they were used on auto cars. Heck I can post the page from one of the books I was given over the years in training. Ron

But we aren't talking about brand X cars here on Moparts , or this particular subject car.

But thanks for posting up those pages ...