OK, I need some help.

I got a door seal/weatherstrip kit (10 pc?) a while back, after some confusion about the window whiskers (sent me the early ones, got that squared away, no problem).

So, I started with the passenger side, did all the inside the door stuff, but postponed the door opening seal for a bit.

When I DID do the seal, it was the type that pushes on over the pinch weld, instead of gluing. At the time I was glad for that, thinking it much easier and cleaner than gluing.

But, it made the door shut very hard. So, I hav put the driver side door/seal off, thinking tht the other side would "settle in", and start closing better.

It hasn't. So, yesterday I went to the u pull, found only 2 square Dodges, but both had decent RIGHT side seals, so grabbed them. By the way, a '90 and a '92. Both had the push on style seal, like the "new" ones I already have.

Tonight I replaced the "new" right side seal with the used, '90 one.
It fits no better, still need to really slam the door to get it closed fully.

In a fit of stupidity, I replaced the left side with the other, '92 seal.

Now I have TWO doors that must be SLAMMED hard to fully close.

I am pretty sure that the extra thickness of the push on part is causing my problem.

My doors are adjusted so that my body lines are good. Sprayed silicone on the seals.

Anybody else have this problem? Did the factory do something different with door thickness to allow for the new style seal?

I thought that maybe the "new" ones were stiffer material, not compressing, but the '90 and '92 ones act just the same, and look same.

Any advice you have is needed, tia.

This damn truck is one aggravation after another ...

8211649-029.jpg (73 downloads)

It takes gasoline to interest me.