OK, I'm not really a machinist at a shop but I do build all kinds of race motors. My bud who is a professional Super Stock engine builder for 40 years lets me "play" with his machines. I do get to press my own rods out and you use a fixture that holds the rod secure and you press the pin out of the rod. The pin is tight on the rod, not the piston. I have also resized many rods. DO NOT START CHANGING CAPS!Then they will ALL be wrong. I hope they are all numbered. I bought my own dial bore gauge and Mics many years ago for this reason. When you cut the cap, the parting line ID stays the same, its the perpendicular ID that changes. This is the size that you hone on the rod machine. Sounds to me like the machinist just missed the resize on the rod. The gauge I use reads in .0001 so it is hard to miss the correct size. I usually get the rods within .0005 and let them cool from all the honing. Then I go back on finish them off to the final size. I place the bearing in the rod and measure the complete rod and bearing to the crank size. Sounds like you need to go back to the machine shop. You can fix just that one with the piston still on. It is kind of a pain but it can be done. Good luck.