Well I decided to race my daily driver--shop truck-- at gateway sunday because they wont let me dial faster than 9.00 in the PRO class in my LeBaron. The truck runs high 11s low 12s with slicks and is consistent enough to win so why not. Well the first time run after a 2 hour rain delay, I leave the starting line blowing the tires off, so I lifted and boom. 727 bomb, full force. Trans had a bolt in Sprague and a turbo action manual valve body. No shield. A fairly large piece of the sun shell, came to a stop as it started through the windshield. I feel lucky as I only have 5 broken bones in my right foot, and no lacerations. The lucky part is I have a whole foot to use the rest of my life. Never will I make a pass in a vehicle with a tq-flite with a stock direct drum and without a shield. I have probably made 10000+ passes with a tq-flite next to my feet and had full trust until this. The engine in this 4300lb. truck, installed in my Demon would run in the 10.40 range due to the weight difference, so I see now it was pretty stupid not having a shield!