Rocky, Let me see if I can convey to you why I suggested for a straight swap without venturing into performance mods for BayouLee.

It is Clear that you have a lot of experience with these engines, it is also pretty evident that Bayoulee does not.

The worst thing that could happen to him is to swap in ANY unknown engine and have installed aftermarket parts to it, mostly a cam to have start-up, run-in, not go smoothly or have a lobe get wiped because of any number of reasons. That trouble would set anyone back and really create a hardship that is unnecessary.

The purpose of installing an engine (unknown but told to be good) is to establish a base line. compression, leak down, blow-by, etc. an overall running condition. If you install a mild cam and one cylinder is dead or almost dead, or the heads are in need of a rebuild, then the cam has not done any good other than to say "but it has a new cam".

If Bayoulee had you in his pocket to troubleshoot diagnose and help with all the stuff that may arise then I would stay out of it.

But since he is new at this I am suggesting "Baby" steps so it doesn't overwhelm him or anyone else reading this thread.

This also goes for not swapping in a MH or truck engine, the transmission tailshaft, oilpan and pick up, (some) waterpumps, pulley setups.

As an experienced Hot Rodder I don't want to suggest anything that creates roadblocks to a less knowledgeable enthusiast.

Exceptional Architectural, Yacht and Automotive scale models. e-mail modelmakerinc@att.net for a portfolio review. www.modelmakerinc.com