Quote:

yes,just when I thought I was understanding. ok both stroke and rod length can effect port velocity.
can you tell me what rod length would work best in a sb with 4" stroke and using an indy 360-1 head with 2.87 [Email]csa@13.5:1[/Email] compression?

You can run PipeMax with different rod lengths to see what the results are. My guess is that you will not see much if any difference. Maybe a few HP max. PipeMax might not be a perfect simulation tool, but it is very good for the price.

What you will see in PipeMax is that with a 4 inch stroke and those heads you will need a ton of valve lift to make power. PipeMax will probably recommend something in the .800 lift range for max power. Run it and see what it says.

Mopar guys tend to leave a lot of power on the table since valve lift is expense with stock type Mopar heads. You really have to switch over to a Jesel type setup before you can run the big lift necessary for big power. That is what I've learned over the years from running lots of dyno pulls and dyno simulations.