Quote:

With a stock K most of the "off the shelf" pans are not going to offer a whole lot of volume changes being most are made with the available headers in mind. Basically the only place you are going to have room is straight down.... We ran the Milodon low pro pan on our 340 block based W5 mill when we ran the stock front suspension and I believe we were only running 5qts in that and never had any oiling issues.

I like the idea of "low pro", but check out the link below with the 360 degree view....I am just not a fan of how the low pro pan has a raised then lowered rear pan floor. Was your pan like this? Seems like a good way to trap oil and never have it get used again

http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/mil-30941/overview/

To be honest, I am sure 5 quarts of oil is probably enough. But more oil equals cooler oil (which i need with a half filled block on the street) as well as having sufficient oil quantity at higher rpms

After pouring the pan on my kevko I am just not impressed that 5 quarts ends up with oil coming out of the sump and sitting on the pan floor- not what I want with a big 4" arm swinging in there