I purchased a gallon can of this 35% nitro mix back in 1996 in the hopes that as an additive for my high compression GTX it might save on trips for buying 98-100 Octane fuel. Fast forward 18 years and the metal can is still factory sealed out in my garage. Price Chemical made the mix and it comes with coolant and oil lubricant additives. It's meant to be a hp boost vice an octane booster. Mfg suggested mixing ratio was 1-40 when added to premium unleaded or blue AV fuel. The container says 1 quart but it's clearly a gallon container. Possibly, they're saying it's 1 quart of pure nitromethane.

In reading up on nitro fuels they are also used in radio-controlled "hobby" engines, though typically at lower nitro mixes of 10-25% (helo's, cars, planes, boats, etc.) My thoughts were to be able to give to this someone who might actually have a use for it. Even as a nitro mix it still has its energy value. Not sure yet if the local household hazwaste facility would even accept this. If stored properly, nitro/methanol fuels can/should last nearly indefinitely. That means sealed opaque containers/drums, stable temps w/o condensation, metal, etc. The cap is still tight on my container though it was never fully filled from the manufacturer. If not vacuum sealed from the factory that air pocket would have probably causes some condensation and oxidation inside the can.

Any ideas on what to do with this stuff? I initially thought I could mix a few ounces per tankful in my 87 octane daily driver pump gas and get rid if it that way. With nitro being based on nitric acid, it's corrosive to copper and other metal alloys. Not sure I want to chance that doing something destructive to my car's engine. And it's probably safest if I don't even open the stuff.

Thanks