I've been looking for quite some time, but I hadn't been able to close a deal for various reasons. Most recently I had to put about $3k into my daily driver so I thought my truck hunting had come to an end. Then I found this one. I only paid $1500 for it. Its an '89 with 318, 2wd, all stock, still has working factory radio, heat/defroster work, a/c needs servicing, I think a charge and some seals will do it. Nothing is hacked up on the truck. Body is solid with only some surface rust here and there, and there are two punctures on the bed rail that look like nail holes. No other issues that I could see. I need to look at the rear end/gears. Nice and solid all the way around.

He had already done the brakes with new rotors, pads, drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders, didn't replace the calipers. He also replaced plugs, wires, rotor/cap, valve cover gaskets, headlights. All stuff that I would have had to do, so at this price having it already done is a plus. The water pump went out and I think he was tired of putting time into it so that's where I come in. I put the new water pump in today and did oil and filter. She runs nice and smooth, quiet, and ran just fine on my test drive. Interior is in pretty good shape too.

Im ready to tear into it. My original plan was to find something that I would do in Satin Black with gloss black accents, like the DODGE on the tailgate, maybe some kind of accent stripe. I really liked a members car that I saw years ago (Exit1985 or something like that) who had a satin black RR IIRC, with two gloss black racing stipes. Now Im thinking that I really like this Charcoal Gray color. We'll see. Either way, I plan on following the steps in the infamous "paintjobon a budget" thread. OK, heres the pics.

roe

Last edited by roe; 04/15/14 08:50 AM.

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG