The WJ is not really bad on rust at all. One rear dog leg between the rear tire and rear door is rotted, foam inside is showing. And the trans crossmember is swelling with rust (easy to replace). Brake lines look surprisingly good, minor blistering on some under body seams. I'll have to get under it again and poke around to make sure I'm not missing anything big. I would put some Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's on it to be sure I get around in deep snow and mud and have decent tread life. But they would probably pull the MPG down to 15 as suggested. With my daily commute to the office plus the "company time" driving, we are looking at 15k miles a year easy. And as you said, the 1500 is more difficult to drive in congested work areas. I think I'll try and get a lower mileage 4.0, give it a new oil pump and a gasket set and throw it in for closer to $1000.

Scott B. "I'm a self-made man... I started with nothing, and I still have most of it!" 68 360 rusty B'cuda 'vert (GO Fish)13.59@ 98.72 mph 69 340 GTS stock 14.18@ 95.60 mph 01 5.9L Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 01 3.5L 300M 16.23@ 86.97 mph