Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"I guess you can't read. "

some peoples kids.

dont bother asking for advice if your unwilling to listen.......

Where did I ever say I was doing a full resto or doing shoddy bodywork? This car is still wearing it's original paint. According to you I need to do a full blown body and paint and as I stated that is not in my plans at this time.

This thread might help you understand what I'm trying to accomplish.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&fpart=alli

you asked about cheap paint, thats all you said. THen you expanded that to " I just want to get some color on it for a few years". What I suggested was far from a full resto, then you comment about leaving it in primer & out in the weather. Primer's not waterproof unless its epoxy, I also pre4faced my comments with "in my humble opinion" thus meaning I'm suggesting things your not asking for or about.

your post is so vague about your process and contradictory in some ways it seems like more info is better & not only for you but perhaps others reading about resto / paint process who want to do the same. Posting isn't an " its all about me" everytime, the info is for everyone sometimes especially when there's so much bad info about painting out there.

I'm sharing information from experience, not from fantasy but apparently all your interested is in "cheap paint" so buy the cheapest "omni", "shopline" or whatever primer you can find, do the bodywork & let it sit outside for a few years so the filler on top of the new body work under the cheap primer can absorb some moisture so you can have the pleasure of doing it all over again in a few years!

enjoy.......

I didn't proof ready that one post, it will never sit outside and never be subjected to weather, none of my cars sit outside.Our cars don't rust here so leaving it in primer is an option. I have let bare metal sit in my garage for years without getting even a slight haze.

Paint would just be added protection, that's why I might even go with Maaco if they are cheap enough.

69.5 A12 Bee, first purchased in 1976, car 169 on registry 69 Coronet R/T 440/4 spd 69 Coronet 500 Conv H code 383 4bbl/auto 37 Plymouth PU Find your spot on earth and ride it.