Everyone is free to make their own choice.I have yet to see a automobile manufacturer tell you in their owners manual that you can substitute one for the other in either the engine or transmission.They are very specific in what should be used under any conditions.This is about motor oil in transmissions,not power steering or brake system.Also,show me a oil manufacturer that has their product labeled for use in either one.Each is a specific application.Just because someone has done it in the past and had no problems doesn't say that is the thing to do.It would take a side buy side comparison over a long period of time to actually determine what effect each would have in either case.I have seen many automatic transmissions from different manufacturers with well over 200K miles that never had a fluid change and continue to run smoothly.Transmission fluid change is one of the most neglected maintenance recommendations on a vehicle but they still work.Its your car,your money and your choice,do as you see fit.Myself,I'll use the product for each application that suits my needs best and use that product.Its worked for years.

"Carry on"