First let me correct myself. In my previous post(s) I said I had bought the VFN. In fact, I have a Glasstek and all my positive comments pertain to the Glasstek product.

Well, unless they've made a new mold I wouldn't touch the AAR. A few years back the corner of the mold got busted and the repair is VERY evident in the finished products. They aren't discounting the product either which, considering it needs bodywork right off the bat, just isn't right.

Most of the hoods (talking '69/69 Plymouth only here) regardless of whether they bolt on or lift off do not have a lip at the front edge above the grill like a stock hood does. The problem with this is that it now lacks rigidity and the hood will start to lift in the middle when air starts flowing under it.

Glasstek are the only ones who make their hoods WITH that lip. That was a major selling point when I bought mine.

The other area where most fall short is the fit around the headlight buckets. Take note that the stock hood has a nice curve around the bucket then a sharp corner where it transitions to the grill. Most look like they used an axe to trim this area. Again, the Glasstek is perfect in that area - partly due to the aforementioned lip.