This weekend I opted to run in "Street ET". It costs half as much to run as "No Box" but respectively is a trophy class and had a car count of 9. With such little recognition by anyone, I'm really not surprised by the small amount of participation in the class. Is it "The Man's" way of bumping everyone into "No Box" to make the payout?

Last time I looked there isn't much in the "No Box" field for 12 seconds and slower. Seems like it really discourages the average low buck street cars to come out to the track. In this economy I would think they would want to encourage more racers to come out to the track, not discourage them by herding them into the "No Box" class to make 3 runs and go home.

Years ago, it was Street, Sportsman, and Pro. Sportsman and Street had very similar car counts and Pro was the low count field. All 3 classes had pay outs and mostly everyone was happy... except for Pro which typically did not have a full field. Something had to give to fund the big dollar guys. Wonder what they did...

3 classes with payouts and substantially better attendance by comparison... Times gone by I guess. I think the turn out in general reflects the state of the hobby and will only continue to diminish until they can encourage racers to come back to the track. I don't think dumping everyone into one class is the way to do it though.

At this point, I'm still not sure why I coughed up the funds to join "Team Street". I'm not quite sure what "Team Street" is anymore. Maybe it's documentation to see who the last man willing to throw money at a dying cause will be. What a shame...

Guess I better throw more money at admission, making my car faster and more consistent so that I can enjoy this hobby again.

Rant Off...

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s