I don't know if anyone is familiar with what the Honda guys do. They have open deck blocks like the R5. Fine until you want a big power adder. I run an EEI aluminum block. Could be even weaker in this respect. EEI offers an updated block for an extra $500. But, if you want to update the existing block with the integrated flange sleeve setup it is $3,000.

I know Wayne Jesel had one custom made and fitted in his land speed Dodge truck. I have talked with the man who did the work. Not something he has a lot of call for so he is not overly anxious about doing another one. It is just not worth the 8 hour trip to have him look and see if he wants to do it.

I have a few ideas how this can be accomplished but would love to hear others. I could fill the block but hate to do this to a very good streetable block. Even wondered if a seperater plate could be made with some water tubes in it and then fill from the plate up. It even seems possible to just drill and tap a few holes around the thrust side of the cylinder and screw aluminum all thread into the block to support the cylinders. Just hate to take any real chances with a very nice expensive block that works just fine NA. Would love to step it up for some go go juice.

You can look up Honda Blox guard on Ebay motors to get an idea what I am talking about when it comes to the block gaurds. I would prefer something that would require machining on CNC a register in the block. Then make a fitted 1/2" thick aluminum guard to press into the block. Just have not found anyone who can affordably do this.

Leon

Last edited by Leon441; 02/09/14 06:21 AM.

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.