I am new to the forums and was hoping I could get some help with an issue I am currently dealing with. I purchased a 71 challenger 440 six pack clone about 6 months ago. I drove the car for about 3 months and started working on making it correct as there were basic issues in the engine bay.

Specifically, I replaced the rubber fuel lines and put in the correct stainless lines. I also changed the power valve because the engine was not cruising smoothly at a bit above idle. After checking the vacuum to be 10 psi I put a 4.5 high flow power valve in place of the original 8.5.

After changing the fuel lines and power valve, all of the sudden there was no longer getting any spark. After troubleshooting that issue I had the MSD box repaired and took the time to replace the spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap. That corrected the spark issue.

Now I can get the car to turn over but I am getting gasoline in the exhaust and can fill my garage full in smoke in less than 20 seconds. The car will also not idle well. I replaced the power valve again as I was concerned I damaged the first one (the high flow one). I now have a standard flow 4.5 in it and I am still having the same issues.

I am concerned I have connected something wrong but not sure what it could be. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be sure I was giving all the info. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ron