Quote:

Hi, I know this is a old thread but I thought I would ask.I see on your list you have the Pink Panther 64 plymouth.I am new on here and thought I would look for it.My dad was the wrench on that car in '71 with Sunny Freeman driving.It was SS/EA and the car held the record that year 11.11 on a 7" tire.Then later that year it blew the record away at 10.86 on a 10" tire.They sold the car to Sam Panute.I am still looking for the car and I don't know who to ask on here about it.I met with jerry stien (Teachers Pet)and he did not know but that was a few years ago.Any Info please let me know.

Thanks, Tom

I announced for many years at 75-80 Dragway in Monrovia, MD. Some of their best races were Super Stock/Stock meets. There were many standout drivers, but the "Pink Panther" won just about every time he would show up. Driver was focused and nothing would distract him as he pulled to the starting line. What I remember was a little chain that dangled down from the front of the car. Don't know, but I had one on my street car that I could wrap around the radiator partition and padlock to keep people from opening my hood. Maybe that's what it was for??? Another quirk was Sonny would put ice on the intake manifold and when he would make "dry hops" approaching the starting line some of the melting water would trickle down between his front tires. I was always afraid that his slicks would get some of the water and he would go sideways at the start. NEVER HAPPENED! One of the best running Mopars from that era.