Ok doing a 72 cuda for dad. He's totally up in the air in what to do. It's a 340 auto car. We have a NOM 340 but needs rebuild/machine work. Figure 4-5k to do that he says. Looked into doing a 5.7. He can buy a new replacement through his dealership for like 3600 but then add in the extras for wiring & related parts thinking be in that 5k range too. He has been looking at various adds in Mopar muscle but worried on who's good,bad and ugly to stay away from. The car is all painted original B5 with the V21 hood. It will have black vinyl top and black stripes. Not overly worried about it being 100% correct he just wants a fun cruiser nothing racey just nice sound and fun. Last car he restored was his 69 satellite convertible in 1985. Always said he cant afford to. Now he can. He's 74 this year still works at the dealership he's been at since 1965 full time. Totally bugs him to spend money so it's been hard getting him to except any way it's expensive. He's been a mechanic all his life but said if he rebuilds the 340 he will just have machine shop build it. He has looked into putting a pair of edelbrock alum heads on it just for flowing better and cost of what he would have in the heads on the motor just to get them to flow good and being able to run pump gas.
So what's your views on advertised crate engines? Who is a good oneto deal with? Like I said not looking for horsepower to spin the earth but a nice respectable number. Or would he be happier with a 5.7 if we can get that all figured out(I have posted on that and gotten good feedback back that I'm not as scared as I was before with wiring it all up). Or take the 340 put a set of heads,carb & intake and build it?

Contact Me about AMD Prices