Im feeling better, I did the run out of gas thing about a week before I went into the hospital.

The station is the same place I always use, and was a Friday night.I always fill Monday morning, Wednesday night, and Friday night. and thats been a routine for about a year.

Gas station is a very busy truck stop, so the fuel is turned around quick.

I thought it seemed weird, and just wondered if there was some way that running out could have caused the bad/old gas smell. Id doesn't seem logical but weirder things have happened.

Also the owners manual lists the Ramcharger as having a 35 gallon tank. And even after running it empty. then adding 2 gallons from a gas can, it only took 26 gallons at the pump and it was full to the inside of the fuel neck.

It has the same plastic tank as any other RC I have had has, so whats the deal here.

As I said the gauge still showed a good solid 1/8th tank, so I figured I still had at minimum 30 miles before I had to really worry.

Now 28 gallons into an empty listed 35 gallon tank.... Something just doesn't seem to add up.

Is it possible to put a truck fuel tank pickup into a Ramcharger tank? Is the truck pickup shorter than that of the Ramcharger? according to one source on eBay the truck pickup, and RC/TD pickups were the same in the late 80's.

Join the Penguin Liberation Front!!
Stop the Hippo Occupation!