Quote:

Quote:

One complete door on my car, with window frame/window, quick remove hinges, latches, bodywork/paint (they are straight as an arrow) and limiter straps weighs 12 pounds.....

I'd like to see a lightened stock door and all of the above weigh only 5lbs more.

I don't buy it for a second.

Iam sure that is correct but he was asking to keep all the hardware plus he would not have take off doors so add the hinge to the weight and glass.For a low 7 second car i could see going to fiberglass doors with nothing on them but again he was not asking that.Add the mechanism and other hardware ,hinge you wont be at 12 lbs

May as well keep the stock doors then.....

One of the reasons to switch to glass, or carbon doors it to take advantage of all the weight saving attributes and that includes the ability to lighten everything that relates to the door.

I never weighed my complete stock doors with the factory hinges, but I've carried them and compared to my replica hardware the difference is extreme.

Being that my Dart is a small block N/A street car that probably only runs somewhere in the 8s, I looked to take weight out in a number of areas and for me, even though it's not a low 7sec car, the doors were a no-brainer.