Quote:

I've been running it in everything that moves for 20 plus years. Mowers, ATV's, 17 cars and light trucks, Motorcycle, Class 8 truck, you name it.

A couple of years ago though they discontinued 5w30 diesel-spec so I have had to switch back to gasoline-spec for winter use. Summer I have been using the 10-30 and 15-40, whatever is sitting on the shelf in the shop. I have a high performance street bike and there is no screwing around there with the bike crowd: the goto oil is Rotella 15-40.

As far as any sort of racing/recreation application, let me put it to you this way: if diesel-spec oil is good enough to run in a 15 liter engine pulling 100,000 plus pounds up 10% grades in 100 degree heat for 250 hour change intervals it can handle a few seconds of 1/4 mile abuse.

As far as the percieved need for Zinc content I'd rather not comment on it, as I just simply find it irrelavant knowing what diesel-spec oil is subjected to from personal experience:

Diesel oil is designed for engines that go down the road at under 3000 RPM. What effect will that have on an 8000 rpm race engine? Will it have sufficient anti-foam qualitys? Has it been tested in high RPM applications?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"