Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Try Isky.............I thaught they ground their own cams on their own cores.............

Blanks are forged or cast, not ground. Blanks are like anything else though, not as cheap as they used to be, so just depends on how many blanks "X" company has on hand. Special firing orders, like an LS firing order, require a custom blank, so those are always high. And certain grinds, needed for certain motors, just physically won't fit on older design blanks. So in that case, you are looking at a custom blank or a billet cam. Either of those will set you back a grand

Good quality roller blanks are machined from steel bar stock. There are many choices of materials, depending on the usage. Regards, Chase
Monte

I was speaking of blanks in general as being forged or cast.......While it is true that roller blanks are machined from steel bar stock, there are still "standard" blanks, correct? And when you deviate from this "standard" in lobe selection and it requires a "custom" blank, things get pricey.

I know in my own dealings with BBM nitrous stuff, the lobes I WANT, do NOT fit on the standard blanks that everybody has and we need a custom blank.

Monte

That's exactly correct Monty.
But now the old stock is gone for the custom lobe cams and those have the sticker shock on them. I'm getting ready to hold my ankles on my invoice from comp cams on my new ground cam with new cores.
Stay tuned