I am using a Kenwood KDC855HD mounted in the trunk. I used a splitter on the AM antenna to feed it. I ran USB extension under the carpet to next to the console. Along side, I ran a shielded speaker connection so I can use an Ipod or a Zune. I also use Bluetooth from my Android Bionic. I used a Radio Shack IR repeater with the receiver on the console so I can remote control everything with the Kenwood remote. The only thing I cannot control is the music tone settings. Unfortunately, I have to tweak those from the trunk but once I have it the way I want it, it remembers it.
In actual operation, the USB connection using a stick with all the music on it does not work as well as I hoped. Using either the Android or Zune is the easiest on controlling the playlists. The USB works as a power supply for the Android however. I have about 150 bucks total in the whole system.
I wind up listening to HD radio more than anything else but in the mountains where FM signals get rough, I have all the other options.
No glove boxes were harmed in this project.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado