I currently own a 1st Gen (have had 3), a 2nd Gen (had 2 Cummins and now have a 360 Off-Road), and a 3rd Gen hemi.

It's a tough call on my '07 hemi because it has power to burn, awesome fuel mileage, and is super quiet, but, I have to pick my '01 2Gen as the King. It drives so nice, the 360 Magnum makes all the right sounds, the cab is smartly laid out, huge, quiet and rattle free after 190,000 miles. My diesels were great in their own way but the noise and not-as-great-as-everyone-says fuel mileage sucked.

A big deal to me also is when the 2Gen was released it caught Ford and Blunder Motors with their pants down big time. It took Ford 6 years to answer the call with the superduty. And gm? well, they never did make a truck did they? Do they now? A gm is still refered to as an "el camino". Put an ATV in the back of one and the axle heads right for the frame and you'll have to re-build the camaro rear-end. All gm had going for them was their ride and Ford and Dodge have since bettered them several years ago.

Sorry to go on a bit of a rant there, but I caught a lot of flack for being a Mopar Guy driving my Mother's '70 Charger to school while everyone else thought an '90 gm truck with 5 spokes and blue bottles was all that existed. I followed the 2Gen development right from the Lil Red show truck to all the spy photos in Motor Trend. Dodge is starting to rule the road around here and it's nice to see, thanks to the 2Gen.

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".