I understand the emissions issues. As to the 4bt, from what I've read it can't go in a light duty truck. They were only available in medium duty delivery trucks and construction equipment. But, I have seen a YJ Wrangler running around with one. Saw it at a local car show but never got to talk to the owner. Some guys swear there is a way around the regs but I haven't found one yet.

As to hemi vs 360, the hemi will get better MPG everyday. A stock 360 at least. I have a Hughes HER0814 cam. Adding headers and 1993 mpfi to start. Later I will go to obd2 from a 96-00 and add a Hughes Eddy Airgap efi and sct tune. Or the hemi. The cost of all the parts to upgrade the 360 will nearly be as much as a good used hemi. That's the big question that I don't know the answer to. The magnum maxed out or a hemi, which would be the better one for what I'm using my truck for.

The world is not what it used to be. Family, friends and our rights and values are all that matter. The rest I leave in God's hands.