Quote:

Now I have a good one here. I decided to look at some older AFB's in some of my older books to see what I can tell. Well one of my older repair manuals that covers 1950 to 1960 which is a very good book with alot of info has some AFB pics from Ford that have vacum actuated secondaries which is the first time I ever noticed a vacum diaphram unit bolted to the side of these AFB's and hooked to the secondaries. I have never even heard of vacum secondary AFB carbs but there it is in my book ! Well of course they wont use a secondary weighted air valve. And I saw more of the Rochester 4GC mechanical secondaries which had weighted secondary air valves also. And the Carter WCFB carbs like on the Hemi's in the 50's are also vacum operated. I still did not find any pics of the AFB without either the weighted air valve or vacum secondaries. I do believe you all who have the AFB's without the air valve but I myself have just never worked on one without the air valve. Course I have never worked on a vacum secondary AFB either. Ron

How about I send you a few of each so you can get your hands dirty !!

7998526-$_57.JPG (55 downloads)