Thought I would post an update on my Dart and to let everyone know we survived the ice storm. Seven days with no electricity, 20*F and a heat pump is no fun!
The build pics are here; https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...amp;Search=true

Made it to the track a few times. First trip, the Tech guy spouted "Don't see an LS motor in a Dodge everyday" I set him straight....he's a chevy guy.....so what do you expect. Then my new Ebay mini alt. caught fire....very un-cool.
Second time out four of my awesome Ebay 120 lb/hr fuel injectors decided to quit....totally dead!.....starting to see a pattern here! I did get down the track that day and confirmed the trans worked at least.
New 160 lb/hr injectors (borrowed) installed and re-tuned. Got down the track a few times...11.5@120...lots of sputtering and misfiring. Good news is the launch control worked awesome. The turbo spooled up super fast. The boost was limited to 10 psi. After checking the datalog and tuning and tuning some more the miss at 5000 was still there. We are thinking it may be a valve spring issue. I have a set of stock 6.1 springs in there, which would be OK if it was NA. I did not consider the effects of boost when I selected these springs. I have a new set to go in along with some stouter pushrods.
I was impressed it still had enough bottom end to still pull the wheels a little bit. Obviously, it needs more work to reach it's full potential.
Something I didn't realize is the lack of colder plugs for these engines. There are some fine wire ones avail., but from what I read that's a no-no for turbo cars. The older heads (pre 2009) and SRT's use a tapered seat, while the Eagles use a gasket.
Over the winter: New valve springs and push rods, trans cooler, new rear tires and going to reposition the turbo for more front tire clearance.

Thanks

Dave

7984758-sept28.jpg (265 downloads)

Dave Stillie
'73 Swinger
5.7 Hemi, 88mm turbo, powerglide, cal-tracs & 8 3/4
Mega-Squirt EFI
[email]8.93@149
[/email]