Quote:

I understand that not everyone loves the new Cherokee, and that Jeep brought a lot of the critiquing on themselves by using the Cherokee name, but it was never intended as a replacement for the XJ. Hell, the XJ has been out of production for 13 years. I can also promise you that neither the Marano, nor any of the FX/QX models will make it down the Rubicon.

I'd also argue, that in Trailhawk guise at least, the new Cherokee is a more capable 4x4 in stock form than the XJ was.

Lastly, the Cherokee is selling very well. Regardless of what the XJ fanboys say, the Cherokee is a good vehicle that has consumers interested.

Yup, if sales stay this strong, it will be known as a hit and a very good decision by Mopar to build it this way (and name it this)! Regardless of the fans of the old XJ, the new Cherokee sales could continue to be strong for years to come and will justify the platform and decision to build this SUV in this way with these names "Jeep" and "Cherokee" (as opposed to the "it'd make a nice Dodge SUV but it's not a Jeep" argument!

JS

JS

76 Dodge Adventurer Sport Power Wagon W100 318, 727, NP203 Fulltime 4x4 Russet Red
06 Jeep Commander Ltd 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, QuadraDrive II
06 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi
10 Mopar 10 Challenger R/T, #483/500, 5.7L HEMI
10 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4x4 5.7L HEMI
11 Dodge Ram 1500 LoneStar Quad Cab, 5.7L HEMI, Fulltime 4x4, Deep Cherry Red
16 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2L Pentastar V6, 9 Speed Torqueflite, 4x4, Black