UPDATE:

I added a soft/folding tonneau cover last fall, mostly just to keep the bed clean and the ability to put stuff in back and keep it out of sight/locked tailgate. I haven't watched my fuel mileage that close lately as it's been SO COLD out here that I'm spending a lot of time letting my Ram idle outside to warm up, so my mileage hasn't been great day-to-day.

That said, on Monday and Tuesday I had to drive (for work) over 140 miles each day, all interstate, and decided to check my mileage. So, I filled up at home, drove this trek two days in a row, and filled up at home again. I clocked a 21.9mpg trip with my 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi 4x4. I was impressed! I never got that kind of mileage before adding the cover. Now, I don't want to say that the cover did this...but, I was NOT driving these two days in any way to increase gas mileage. 65mph zone, I was treking in at 75-80 most of the time trying to get there quicker...

I'm very happy with the bed cover, and it's certainly not HURTING my fuel mileage!

Thanks for all the replies! I really think that it helps, I don't really know how much, but every little bit counts at these gas prices and the amount of miles that I drive.

JS

76 Dodge Adventurer Sport Power Wagon W100 318, 727, NP203 Fulltime 4x4 Russet Red
06 Jeep Commander Ltd 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, QuadraDrive II
06 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi
10 Mopar 10 Challenger R/T, #483/500, 5.7L HEMI
10 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4x4 5.7L HEMI
11 Dodge Ram 1500 LoneStar Quad Cab, 5.7L HEMI, Fulltime 4x4, Deep Cherry Red
16 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2L Pentastar V6, 9 Speed Torqueflite, 4x4, Black