Yesterday I got an early Christmas present from my fiancée. Some Taylor thundervolt 8.2mm plug wires for my 360 magnum in a 1991 dodge power ram 150. To give you some history on this engine it was purchased brand new by my father in 2003. He put it in a half ton 74 dodge power wagon and he only used it for hunting season. I acquired the engine in 2010 and he had only put 15 thousand miles on it.
Sine acquiring it I have put about 5 to 6 thousand miles on it.
I am running an Edelbrock rpm air-gap dual plane intake manifold and a quick fuel super street series 680cfm vaccum secondary carburetor. I run a 1 inch 4 hole phenolic carburetor spacer as well.
For ignition I have a mopar distributer from fbo systems. I am running a crane cams hi-6 cd ignition and a crane cams lx91 ignition coil, For plug wires I have taylor thundervolt 8.2mm wires, for plugs I run ngk bkr5e plugs gapped at .045. Compression of the engine is 9:0.1 And I always run eathanol free 91 octane fuel in it.
Yesterday I pulled every plug out to inspect how they were doing while I was putting these new taylor wires on. eery plug looked descent, the base of the plugs is a little dark, but the tip is grey/tanish color, I assume the base of the plug being darker indicates a rich idle or off idle?
Anyways when I got to plug number 7 it looked a little different then the rest of the plugs. It had the same black base, But the plug was shiny like it has been wet, It wasn't fouled tho. It just look likes it's been wet. Is this considered fuel wash? Do I need to lean the main jets down another step or two? I have done a compression test and I have 150 psi on every cylinder and I am 4000 feet above sea level. And I been told that those are great numbers for a compression test being 4000 feet above sea level.
Since the compression test checks out, I don't think I have a blown head gasket, and I don't see any oil in my antifreeze or antifreeze in my oil. So I don't think it is antifreeze that's soaking the number 7 cylinders plug. I don't think it is oil ether because it doesn't use any oil. It doesn't burn any oil or leak any oil. I changed the oil in it the last week of September and it hasn't used a drop according to the dip stick.
So my only guess is its the carburetor, maybe the main jets are too rich? I am running .064 main jets and .074 secondary jets with an 8.5hg power valve. Just trying to figure out whats going on in cylinder 7 to make the plug look wet.