Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I run one of these and am happy with it.

However, I have to say I have become much less reliant on it...In fact, many times the gauge reads that the motor is happy at WOT, then I pull some plugs at the end of the track and it says otherwise...I change jetting and it picks up, and then the AFR readings are off from what is said to be ideal.

It's a nice tool to have, but reading plugs is MUCH more accurate imo and tells a whole different tale.

I have one friend who ruined a blown 302 in his mustang because all he did was go by the widebands on his MTX-L gauges and his megasquirt computer...If he had listened to me an pulled a plug he might have caught the problem in time.

If you can do without one, I would...It's not that big of a deal pulling plugs at the end of a run, but thats just my

Do you calibrate it often? If you don't thats why it reads wrong. I would have already gave up on my turbo setup if I didn't have one. I wish I had pics of the plugs I went through before I got mine. They didn't tell you much. It found all kinds of issues when I was initially tuning and still lets me know just what kind of gas I got at the pump that day. I have a Innovate LM-2, it;s alittle qwerky sometimes on warmup but normally straightens out.

Yes, I re-calibrated it a few times this summer...Also, I would imagine an LM2 to be quite a bit better then the MTX-L.

The only issue reading plugs is if they are all sooted up from idling...you'll never get a tune figured out with plugs you drive with on the street with idle and run time. I usually warm the car up on the old plugs, then switch in some fresh ones, make a pass, shut it down and read them.

Are widebands helpful? Of course...Do I personally feel plugs are more accurate on a gas motor? FOR SURE...The wideband is nice to have to know that I am close

If they soot up from idling, you need to work on the idle circuit cos even my 12.1.1 comp. 275-280 @ .050 cam w/97 degrees of overlap idles like a kitten and plugs are white w/a bit of color on the base ring.............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....