Well for those that don't know my 68 NSS Cuda is finally done (well 99.9%.) We have started working out the chassis setup, and still have a few more items to clean up for tech.

It is a 68 that I have known since back in High School. We started the build several years ago, and due to $$$, and health issues, moving, kids ect, it took forever to finish. In fact if some close friends hadn't pitched in this year, it would still be sitting in bare metal in the garage!

I am running a 496" low deck with a Jerico and 9". We expect it to be fairly quick to say the least.... Looks like after a little more testing in the spring it will be ready to go.

Now I need to figure out what to do with my tow rig, and what to look for in a trailer. Currently I have an 01 Cummins 2500 Ram with 285k on the clock, and a flatbed trailer. This is fine for a close race, but it seems most of the NSS stuff will require a longer haul.

I have had great service from my Ram, but the wife HATES it. Something about our John Deere rides smoother lol.... I still trust it, but friends and family have been riding me hard about upgrading before the season starts. IF I do, it would need to be a diesel, and a single wheel, not a dualie.

What else is out there now days that makes a good towing rig? Obviously I lean towards the Cummins machines, but would like to hear real world opinions about some of the other stuff out there. I currently make 17 to 23 mpg with my old Ram, and fuel efficiency running unloaded is important. I usually run about 450 to 500 miles per week for work.

It seems like I am seeing new Super Duty Fords all over the place here where I live. Does that mean they have finally fixed their engine issues??? I also see a lot of the GM stuff, but by far the Fords outnumber everything else, at least around here (Houston Area.) I figure there must be a reason.

Next, I need an enclosed trailer. What would you go with for a 68 Cuda with Wheelie Bars? Should I go with a bumper tow, or look at 5th wheel or goose neck. The Truck will probably be a 4 door, with a short box because of some of the places I go for work. A long box or dualie wont fit!

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com